Monday, March 19, 2007

The Stuff I Read: Agatha Christie

Over the next few weeks, I'm going to be talking about Agatha Christie. I read a lot of her mysteries, horror and I'm starting to get into her espionage work. I'm always thinking about the types of characters she used, the patterns that emerged and changed, the social commentaries, the similarities between stories.

I may do this with other authors. Not sure yet.

Each Wednesday I'll be posting something new (about her work...other stuff may go up between Wednesdays). Here's how it's going to appear:

1. Cast of Character Types: Women
2. Cast of Character Types: Men
3. The Hastings
5. Same Story, Different Names
6. Times Change: Politics
7. Times Change: Sex
8. Holy Crap That's Creepy
9. Just Plain Entertaining

I am never going to claim to be any kind of expert on her. I am so not I'm just someone who has spent the last 17 years haunting libraries and ticking off titles, checking out four of her books a week (I can read them in one night...typically). I'm just someone who likes her and wants to talk about her. That's all. Hope you enjoy. If not, like I said...in between Wednesdays other stuff will be going up.

No comments: