Tuesday, May 20, 2008

While I was at my parents' house, I wrote this.

I like that when we're home, we can spend a rainy Saturday morning at the art museum less than 5 minutes from our house. If we want to go out to dinner, we have a variety of cuisines, and restaurants within those categories that are excellent. I like that we live in a nice quiet neighborhood that's only a walk away from Husband's office (what used to be his office) and a major highway that can take us wherever we want to go. I like that we can walk to the grocery store, Target, two restaurants and a Starbucks without going more than 2 miles. Sam's doctor is 3 miles away. There's a big grassy park at the upper end of our street.

I really like living in the city.

Yet...

a few days ago I hung wet clothes on a clothesline next to a cherry tree.

My toddler ran around and around on an acre of land and never came too close to anything dangerous.

He smelled flowers and rolled in grass and went in and out of shrubs.

He was free, I had sun on my shoulders, a sweet smelling breeze in my hair and I thought...

okay. Country life is nice.

No comments: